It’s official, Barack Obama is the first African American to be nominated for President of the United States by a major political party. For a moment, do not consider yourself a Democrat, Republican, Independant or otherwise. Don’t politicize this. Just take a moment to realize that only 50 years ago in 1968, the Supreme court made racial segregation unconsitutional, though it still happens today. Take a moment to breath in the significance of the moment. A man who represents a group of people that were considered property and counted as 3/5 of other human beings, a group who were not allowed to drink water from the same fountain as white people, a group still very much in the minority, has been selected by the Democratic party to be the leader of the free world. That is progress. That is enough to give me chills. The simple fact that we can see a black man in the race for president is amazing, the fact that he may actually win is simply inspiring. No matter what political party you are a member of, you have to admit this is pretty significant for the United States. Don’t get me wrong. I certainly don’ think this means we are all good now, and racism is gone, it simply gives me hope that a combination of time and education can cure the painful disease of ignorance and hate. Take a moment to realize you are experiencing a very important moment in the History of the United States. Consider this, If Barack Obama wins the presidency, African Americans will be the first and second most powerful people in the world, Obama being second only to Oprah.
- The Future of Space Exploration via NASA ift.tt/2n4Pdqj https://t.co/QUSvAIHnFi 1 month ago
- Satellite Views Fires Raging in California via NASA ift.tt/2LIF557 https://t.co/7VNO4CTkV8 1 month ago
- Prepping to Launch for the Sun via NASA ift.tt/2ArdyQv https://t.co/UilxheEDCv 1 month ago
- Soaring Into an Orbital Sunrise via NASA ift.tt/2K8V2w9 https://t.co/IlJyGf0Gf4 1 month ago
- Hubble Takes Portrait of Opulent Ring World via NASA ift.tt/2v8RBQA https://t.co/E2Sjy4rL1v 1 month ago